For as little as $24.97 a month you can have access to a nationwide network of attorneys for all your business legal needs.
The rising costs of health insurance and the overall running of a business has made it very difficult for business owners to make ends meet. Legal Club of America® helps alleviate some of that financial pressure by providing business owners with access to a nationwide network of pre-qualified attorneys that will provide them with free and discounted legal care.
When you become a Platinum Legal Club member, your business becomes a corporate member of Platinum Legal Club’s Small Business Plan. The plan is designated for use by the business only.
Free Legal Services*
- Unlimited initial phone consultations during business hours for new legal matters.
- Attorney will review as many as 5 independent documents each quarter. These include business documents, contracts, signed or unsigned, up to 10 pages each.
- Initial telephone calls made on behalf of your business if deemed appropriate by your plan attorney (two per month). Follow up calls are made at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Initial letters written on behalf of your business if deemed appropriate by your plan attorney. Three per month for new subjects; follow up letters are written at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Initial collection letters are limited to 10 per quarter. More than 10, and any follow up letters, are written at the guaranteed low hourly rate or at the contingency fee percentage, depending upon what you and your plan attorney decide.
- One on one consultations for each new legal matter. Thirty minute time limit per subject matter. Time over the 30 minutes per subject will be at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Registered Agent for your business in the state in which you are incorporated as well as other states where you do business.
*In certain situations, attorney liability may require plan attorneys to ask for a retainer from the member prior to providing some of the free Legal Services.
Detailed Legal Services definitions can be found in Section 3 of the Plan Guidebook.
Guaranteed Low Hourly Rates** – Plan attorneys have contracted to charge no more than $125.00 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater, for legal care that goes beyond the free and discounted services described above. In most cases, the attorneys will be able to estimate the amount of hours any given case may consume prior to beginning work on the case.
Retainers** – In the case of extended legal care, plan attorneys may ask you for a retainer. Any retainer sought will be computed by multiplying the number of hours a plan attorney believes a case will take, by the appropriate discounted hourly plan rate. For instance, 10 hours x $125.00 = a retainer of $1,250. Any unused portion of the retainer will be returned to the member.
Contingency Fee Discounts** – Attorneys often work on a contingency fee basis on such cases as personal injury and collections. This fee is usually expressed as a percentage of the amount collected or awarded. In collection matters, your attorney will accept 18% if the case is settled before formal court proceedings begin. After proceedings begin, the fee is 27%. On all other contingency matters there is a 10% discount on the lower of either the state maximum or the attorney’s standard rate.
** Court costs, filing fees and time charged for travel to and from any courts are additional.
When to Use an Attorney
• Business Contracts
• UCC Filings
• Worker’s Compensation
• Document Review
• Title Searches
• Tax Law
• Accident/Liability Claims
• Employment Matters
• And much more!
Compare Platinum Legal Business Plan ($24.97/mo) to
Legal Shield Business Plan ($39.95/mo)…
|Platinum Legal Business Plan||Legal Shield Business Plan|
|40% off usual hourly rate||25% off usual hourly rate|
|Phone consults unlimited, regardless of amount of new matters, or type of business matters domestic, or out of state matters||Phone consults limited to only matters not on exclusion list.
* see Exclusion list
|Unlimited one on one consults||NOT OFFERED ON THIS PLAN|
|Up to 30 letters per year||Up to 20 letters per year|
|Up to 20 docs reviewed per year – in all 50 states||Up to 20 docs reviewed per year – max 1 out of state|
|Up to 40 collections letters per year||Up to 60 collection letters per year|
|Resident agents in every state in which you do business||NOT OFFERED ON THIS PLAN|
|For profit Business||For profit Business|
|Non profit Businesses||NOT OFFERED ON THIS PLAN|
|Unlimited Employees||Limited to 10 employees|
*Exclusion List Below (matters on list below are capped at 3 telephone calls per year)
- Import/export or customs matters
- Issues arising outside your state, within U.S.
- International Law
- Intellectual Property
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision. Before hiring the lawyer to whom you may be referred, ask the attorney for written information about the lawyer’s qualifications and experience.